…I feel compelled to share with you what I just made for the office. I think it’s pretty dang neat. Click on the image to view a low resolution (1.2 megabyte) version of the final artwork. The printed piece will be 12 inches wide by 86 inches (just over 20,000 pixels) tall. I chose 240 DPI for a final file size of 299 megabytes – manageable on my lowly pee see. I’m having it printed by EZ Prints. They have one of the world’s worst web sites, but the best price for this kind of print. I’m getting the huge print done for just $39.70, delivered! An unbelievable bargain, if you ask me. (Tip: EZ Prints panoramic prints must be oriented landscape.)
The tall poster will hang on a square white column near my desk at work.
And now, since there’s too much white space below this entry right now, I’ll treat you to a few of my observations about Thailand, because well, I’m an expert you know – I mean, I’ve been there for almost TWO WEEKS!
- Cars in Thailand have funny names. (May favorite is the Mitsibishi Catalytic Champ.)
- It’s difficult to find a bad meal in Thailand.
- Napkins in most restaurants are about the size and absorbency of a single square of toilet tissue. (Can you spare a square?)
- Bangkok has some BIG-ASS billboards – half as big as a football field. Oh – and it’s hot – all the time. (Chris Burt ranks Bangkok as the world’s hottest city in his Extreme Weather Guide.)
- Thai people are, on average, w-a-y prettier than Germans or Americans. (Or Italians or Russians.)
Hope you find this useful. Stay tuned for my upcoming “Geeks Guide to Thailand”. 🙂