They ran a 5K today despite the heat. Impressive!
I was asked to provide a graphic for the cover of the GeneStudio S5 owner’s manual.
I saw this very poorly PhotoShopped image in one of our product brochures, and saw so many problems with it that I just HAD to do a better version.
For this sample, I downloaded a generic image of a lab and used the Cinema4D Camera Matching tool to perfectly match the perspective of the image, cloned the instruments five times, rendered the instruments along with their reflections and shadows along with an alpha (transparency) channel and placed them into the scene with PhotoShop.
The inside of the cool microscope.
This is a close look at an instrument under development by one of our teams at work.
Not EXACTLY what it looks like, but pretty cool, nonetheless.
We had a good run, but you cannot compete with the ease-of-use, speed, stability and eye-popping output I’m getting from Corona Render.
I already had the mold 3D printed. Unfortunately, the chocolate guy totally flaked out on me. I’ll have to try again another year.
Impromptu shot during a corporate event last night under some of the worst lighting ever. Hand held – 1/13th of a second, wide open, ISO 1250. Fuji 56mm f1.2 lens.
I took a little time this weekend to clean up a model I’ve had floating around for a couple years. Cinema4D’s ability to import SolidWorks files along with Corona Render made it easy to create this version of the instrument.
It seems nice and stable!
I find that inspirational.
It’s been close to a year since I made an entry. I guess I’ve grown wary of all forms of social media. But, now that Google+ will be going away, I will try to find the motivation to post more frequently on my new Google+ inspired design. I have been setting up the photo booth…
A few favs from this week.
(I do a lot of this sort of thing.)
Cinema4D, Corona Render, and of course, PhotoShop.
View more pix from the fun event.
Not my original idea, unfortunately.
Nuc (as in nucleotides) Cartridge with label.
To me, the whole point in having something professionally printed is to go full bleed!
A few more fab 3D renders!
Today’s I-Robot themed Burningman renders.
There will be ten of these – each 16 feet wide and 6-1/2 feet tall – depicting some Burning Man activity. This year’s theme is “I Robot”. The first three scenes show the ‘bots building the man and the man base, and crashing the party in their Winnebago. Andrew get’s 95% of the credit. I’ll…
I don’t do much work with motion, but this one turned out pretty nice. It was used for the launch of a new product. 100% Adobe After Effects with an amazing free plugin called Saber – https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/03/new-plug-in-saber-now-available-100-free/